Looking for an easy yet elegant dessert. This chiffon cake, a take on the traditional lemon chiffon, will please you and your guests. Light and irresistibly good.
1 medium orange
2 cups all purpose flour
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oil
5 eggs, separated
3/4 cups water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Grate rind from orange; set aside.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Using a mixer, gradually pour in oil. Add egg yolks, water, vanilla and orange rind.
4. In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites until peaks form. Add the cream of tartar.
5. When egg whites are stiff, fold into flour mixture. Combine thoroughly and pour into a lightly oiled 10-inch tube pan.
6. Bake at 325F for one hour, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
7. Cool and remove from pan.
Want another yummy cake recipe? Try Louisiana Praline Cake.
Have a recipe or party menu you'd like to share with our readers? Email the recipe and your name to me at email@example.com