Guest Author - Lisa Babick
Fresh Fruit Shake
A healthy and refreshing drink that can be served with a meal, given as a snack or a quick breakfast.
1 cup fresh or frozen ripe strawberries
1 large, ripe banana
3/4 cup pineapple, cranberry or grape juice
3 ice cubes
1 teaspoon honey, optional
1. Cut off the stems of the fresh strawberries.
2. Peel the banana and break into chunks. Put the chunks into the container of an electric blender.
Add the berries, then the fruit juice, ice cubes and honey.
3. Blend on high speed until shake is thick and smooth about 1 minute.
4. Pour into a glass and serve immediately.
5. Garnish if desired, with a fresh strawberry or a banana on a toothpick.