Light and lemony, these are perfect luncheon or baby shower cookies.
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 3.4 ounce packages lemon instant pudding mix
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. On medium speed with an electric beater, beat shortening in a large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In another bowl, combine flour and remaining 3 ingredients; gradually add to shortening mixture, beating well.
4. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 2 dozen
Have a recipe or party menu you'd like to share with our readers? Email the recipe and your name to me at firstname.lastname@example.org