A great side dish for any summertime meal. You can substitute a variety of vegetables for those listed including cherry tomatoes, red peppers, corn chunks and others.
Vegetables from Amaranth to Zucchini: The Essential Reference: 500 Recipes, 275 Photographs
The Roasted Vegetable
Ten 10-inch metal or wooden skewers
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 medium yellow squash, cut into 20 chunks
1 red onion, cut into 20 chunks
1 medium zucchini, cut into 20 chunks
1. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix well.
3. Alternately thread 2 chunks each of the yellow squash, onion and zucchini onto each skewer.
4. Place in a 9" X 13" baking dish and pour the marinade over the vegetables.
5. Marinate for 30 minutes, turning halfway through the marinating.
6. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and grill the kebabs for 8 to 10 minutes or until fork-tender, basting occasionally with the marinade.