Ribs are everyone's favorite summertime meal. These are delicious and super easy. If you want, you can cook these in the oven at 400F.
Ribs : A Connoisseur's Guide to Barbecuing and Grilling
The Great Ribs Book
5 pounds pork spareribs
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups sweetened applesauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
1. Place the ribs in a soup pot and add just enough water to cover. Add the salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Partially cover and cook for 45 to 60 minutes or until almost tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the oil and sauté the onion and garlic over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender.
3. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the remaining ingredients (except the ribs); mix well.
4. About 10 minutes before the ribs finish boiling, preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
5. Drain the ribs, brush with the sauce, place on the grill and close the grill cover.
6. Grill the ribs, turning them over frequently and basting with the sauce each time you turn them for about 12 to 15 minutes or until they are browned and glazed.
Makes 5 servings