This is the easiest, tastiest cake I've made. Make it the next time you need to bring a dish or for your next at-home event. Try adding nuts on top for a little variety.
The Church Ladies Divine Desserts
The Bakers Dozen Cookbook
1 18-ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 package yellow or white cake mix
2 large eggs
1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 12-ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1- 5.1 ounce package vanilla instant pudding mix
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Drain pineapple, reserving juice, set aside.
2. Combine pineapple juice, cake mix, eggs, mandarin oranges and mayonnaise in large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric beater until blended.
3. Pour batter into a greased 9 X 13 baking dish. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Remove from oven and cool pan on a wire rack.
5. Meanwhile, combine drained pineapple, whipped topping and pudding mix in a mixing bowl and beat at low speed until blended.
6. Spread mixture evenly over cake. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
7. Store in refrigerator.