Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Where to Find Freelance Writing Jobs
Earning income from our nonfiction writing has become a bit easier the last few years on the Internet. In the past, the search engines were crammed with websites that listed hundreds of links to potential nonfiction writing jobs. The problem was, that most of these websites became outdated very quickly.
Next, we saw a plethora of sites that used a searchable database of publications seeking submissions. While these tended to be updated more frequently, the huge amount of data left most writers confused and exhausted.
Today, I present my top 6 choices for finding true writing work for nonfiction writers. This list includes writing jobs in blogging, magazines, technical and creative writing, well-paid freelance writing jobs, journalism, medical writing, and writing for publishers, as well as some staff positions.
While I canít cover a larger number of good solid websites offering good solid nonfiction writing jobs here in my column, I will update this list and add to it in my forum. My desire here is to get you started, not only making money writing, but also to give you a variety of ways to do that. I believe this combination will help you to design the writing career that will fit your lifestyle while providing you with the income you seek.
After you have searched on the following six websites, take a few minutes to drop by my forum. You can find the link to our conversations below this article. Please add any good solid nonfiction writing job source websites that you know about. Also, let me know your experiences with the six I list below.
1. One of my favorite places to find good online writing jobs is the Jobs board at Problogger.net. This is one of my favorite ways to find real paying nonfiction writing jobs of all types. Some are for bloggers, while other job posting are for corporate writing of all kinds. Darren Rowse has been writing Problogger for over ten years now. I think he does a great job listing real jobs that pay well and add to a writerís talents and abilities.
Jobs at Problogger
2. Next, I like Write Zillas. This website specializes in freelance writing jobs in the academic and business areas. You are able to work from home, choose your own schedule while receiving on time payments, which, if you donít know, has been a real challenge in the past. This site also offers a comprehensive support system that includes both chat and their support email that is listed right under their phone number.
3. For a searchable database of freelance nonfiction writing jobs, my first pick is Simply Hired. I like this website because they allow you to create an email alert for the types of writing jobs you are looking for. In addition, you can filter your search by date so you are looking at the most current listings as well as: Title, Company, Job Type, Education, Experience, Job Boards, and Recruiters. They even provide a Special Filter that allows you to search for the following: Fortune 500, New Graduate, Veteran Friendly, Fortune Best Companies, Green, Nonprofit, Social Responsibility, Mom Friendly, Dog Friendly, and Fortune Most Admired.
4. Staying with a searchable database, my next choice would be Indeed. They have search criteria that includes: Title, Company, Location, Job Type, Employment/Recruiters. In addition, they have a search filter for salary desired.
5. Another website that has been around for quite some time is The Write Job. While you have to watch the date of the posted jobs, as some of them are quite old, they do allow you to narrow down your search to these linked options: Freelance positions, Journalism, Media, and Magazine Jobs, Medical Writing and Editing Positions, Technical Writing and Editing positions, as well as Jobs where Telecommuting is considered.
The Write Job
6. Next, I like the job postings at Poets & Writers. You can search for jobs in Education, Publishing, the Arts, and more. These postings are updated frequently and include a wide variety for both writers and poets.
Poets and Writers
Do you have any other favorite websites that bring you good quality writing jobs? Want more listings? Join me in my forum, the link is below this article and keep up to date.
Bluedolphin Crow is the writer for BellaOnline's Nonfiction Writing Site. Why not circle her on Google+?
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Bluedolphin Crow. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Bluedolphin Crow. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Bluedolphin Crow for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.